Sunday, August 14, 2011

Going, going, gone

Things idiots say...planning a wedding.

"We're going to get married in Aruba and then throw a big party a few months later back home so we can still get wedding gifts."

Really?  I mean have a reception, that's fine, but you know, people kind of want to see the wedding.  The reception is to celebrate the marriage.  Not to celebrate your vacation to Aruba.  I mean, there are some people who wouldn't bother going to the wedding anyway, but I would.  I kind of get annoyed with the, hey we're getting married in *exotic location* and then we're going to have a reception 3 months later and you can come and give me money or an expensive gift!  And because we're calling it a party, we don't even have to write thank you notes!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment